Saturday 22 February 2014

Unravel Me Review

Title: Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2)

Author: Tahereh Mafi

Pages: 461

Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Dystopian

Publisher: Harper Collins

Date Released: February 5th 2013

Format: e-book

Synopsis:
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life. ( Goodreads Synopsis )

Quotes:
“I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend. The one who will memorize the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body.

I want to know where to touch you, I want to know how to touch you. I want to know convince you to design a smile just for me. Yes, I do want to be your friend. I want to be your best friend in the entire world.”  
“Hope.
It's like a drop of honey, a field of tulips blooming in the springtime. It's a fresh rain, a whispered promise, a cloudless sky, the perfect punctuation mark at the end of a sentence. And it's the only thing in the world keeping me afloat.”
  

“On the darkest days you have to search for a spot of brightness, on the coldest days you have to seek out a spot of warmth; on the bleakest days you have to keep your eyes onward and upward and on the saddest days you have to leave them open to let them cry. To then let them dry. To give them a chance to wash out the pain in order to see fresh and clear once again.”  

"It's raining. The world is weeping at our feet in anticipation of what we're about to do"

Review:Like I said in my Shatter Me Review, how amazing is this cover, I can't express how good they look!! Not only is the cover fabulous, the content inside is just as good. Tahereh Mafi has such a unique writing style and I love the way that she describes things. I have to admit that I didn't like Warner so much in Shatter Me but after reading Unravel Me I can't help but like him. You see another side of him that you didn't get to see in Shatter Me.
There were many intense moments through out the novel and I felt like I enjoyed this a even more that Shatter Me. I swear at one point in the book my jaw literally dropped. Also Juliette really developed throughout the story, she starts to realise she has to embrace who she is and she really grows. At some points I would get really annoyed with her decisions but I think that was important because it showed her character really change as a person.

The ending was pretty intense and do not worry I am not going to give any spoilers. I just really need to get my hands on Ignite Me!! I honestly have no idea what is going to happen next and I cannot wait to find out.

Overall:I highly recommend this to anyone who loves a good YA, dystopian. You will not regret buying it, the writing is incredible and you will not be able to put it down and if you have not read Shatter Me you should definitely go and get it now... like right now haha :)
 
Cover art: 5
Plot: 4
Characters:4
Writing:5
Level of interest:5
Total rating:5
 
Where can you buy this:
 Physical copies
 e-books
Happy Reading Everyone! I hope that you have a fab weekend!
- jordypaigebooks :)

2 comments:

  1. THIS BOOK. I'm glad to hear you loved it because I did too. I've lost count of the number of times I've praised Mafi's writing - it's so gorgeous and unique. Juliette's love triangle oscillation in this book annoyed me, but I did appreciate how we got to learn more about Warner. It made him much more likable as a person.

    I need to go read Ignite Me now! Let's hope it doesn't disappoint either of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her writing is soo good right!! It annoyed me too! I just wanted her to pick Warner or Adam!! I totally agree. I also need to read ignite me and soon! haha I need to know how this is going to end! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back! Have a fabulous day! :)